Angus

Polly Tatum’s grandparents, David and Minnie Lamb, acquired Angus in 1938 when they retired from lifelong service in the Salvation Army.  Minnie Lamb, a Cornishwoman, died there in April 1939.   Polly was told by the late Shirley Allen (who lived for a time at...

Beniguet

Beniguet is one of the houses in Trebetherick which has stayed in the same family for almost seventy years. The house was built in 1934, the first on the cliffs above Trebetherick Point, by Mr and Mrs Greenshields, apple farmers from Somerset.    They had to build a...

Brayfield

Brayfield was built in 1978 by the Gerrish family, who came from near Reading where Mr Gerrish was a coal merchant.  The first entry in the Land Registry appeared in 1923 when the land was acquired by Mr Francis Mably from Viscount Clifden of Lanhydrock, and it...

Cobb Cottage

Cobb Cottage is one of the oldest buildings in Trebetherick.  The original cottage, as seen from the lane, is uppermost, the rest having been added on in the last thirty years.  It was a two-up two-down cottage, the last in a row of six built probably about 1780.  In...

Daymer Cottage

Daymer Cottage was built in 1987 by Dr Colin Hallward and his wife Diana, on land which was previously the bottom of Whitebays’ garden.   They actually acquired the site in 1975 from Hugh and Nancy Edwards, and first of all put up a well-built solid boathouse,...